Tuesday, October 2, 2007

On The Toyota Land Cruiser

My friends know that I'm enthusiastic with everything about cars. I only get the newspapers mainly twice a week: Thursdays for Food/Cooking and Wednesdays, which have special sections for Motoring. I have to see the pictures and ads which are not available in their online editions.



We had a Toyota Land Cruiser in a shade my siblings called "Smurf Blue." I think it's still around, in the province somewhere. I'll bet it has defied the surrounding lahar and stands proud. Built like a tank, it's still around poorly disguised as an armored truck. I can go on about the specs but I'm probably the only one who'd care.



There has been a resurgence of old school and retro auto design which I'm particularly appreciating. It's a trend that includes music, architecture, furniture design and fashion. Maybe we've just run out of ideas.



Anyway, a few months ago at the EDSA Shangri-la Plaza Mall, I saw the 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser! Bigger and better, but not distinct from the original, it made my knees weak. I could have wept! It was an import, not available locally. I wonder who owns it!? Please, please someone tell me! I would kill just to be in the driver's seat. I know the specs and price of this, I've read them online:)



Sadly, I don't think I'm going to apply the principles of The Secret to this one. If I had that kind of money, I'd get a hybrid, the MB Smart car or Toyota Prius. That would be the politically correct thing to do. I'll just hope that more people get an FJ Cruiser so I see it more often on the streets. This one won't get resurrected as an armored truck for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment