Tuesday, July 3, 2007

On My Nick

My kids ask me what's with the nick. Filipina42? It answers all the ASL questions. I'm a 42 year old Filipina. Problema ba yun? They say i should add [underscore] then yung address ko hahah! Dapat yata phone number.

My Mom told me never to reveal my age. She's old-school Assumptionista and fears na I'm too honest. They'll figure out daw her age when I give them mine.

I read somewhere na contrary to taking away years from your age, kelangan mo pa daw dagdagan para mamangha sila. Parang totoo.

How old did you say you were?
Answer: Your real age + 5 or more years
What!? You look waay younger!

I like my age. I wear it like a badge. Each wrinkle (meron ba?) reminds me of every summer spent being in the sun. My aching back is a testament of 22 years of motherhood and housework. I have a few gray hairs and they each have their own story to tell. Awa ng Diyos, less than 10 naman yun!

As to being Filipino, why hide it? The world is changing, I believe great things lie in store for us. I'm proud to contribute to the generation that will actually make things happen.

In the meantime, I have work to do;)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment